Two weeks ago Ed had knee surgery (he is doing very well). We took the girls with us to the surgery center since they are home with Ed right now. We knew the procedure was only 30 minutes so we figured they could endure. What we didn’t know was the Dr. was running 3 hours behind. I had loaded the bag with coloring books, crayons, books to read, games, workbooks and plenty of snacks. The girls were bored after a few hours and I couldn’t blame them. We had to be there at 1:00.
Just before we were able to take Ed home at 6:00 they had all of us come back to recovery to go over hid discharge information. Everyone was very nice to the girls all day and they were very good for such a long wait. The nurse gave them drinks of juice to drink while Ed was drinking and getting ready to leave.
Amanda walked up to a cart of drinks and crackers and decided she wanted crackers with her juice. I told her she couldn’t have those because they were for patients. She walked up to me and said “I have been very patient”. I was just shocked and tickled by our beautiful 4 year olds cleaver response and she was right! The nurses all got a good laugh and Amanda (and Emily) got crackers!!!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's a cute story, kids are so funny
I love that story! She's too cute and totally right! I don't know how patient I would have been waiting that long.
that is too cute!!
Too funny! My boys wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes! Glad Ed is recovering well. :)
Post a Comment